The Housing Authority of the City of Madera is monitoring the current viral outbreak formally known as the Coronavirus or CoVid 19. This is a constantly changing situation, we are taking this very seriously and have developed a Response Plan should this health crisis impact our delivery of services to our residents and participants of our housing programs. There are many sources of factual information concerning the virus and can be found at these websites:
- Madera County:
- The Center for Disease Control:
- The World Health Organization:
- The National Institutes of Health:
It is human nature during times like this to want to be overly cautious and react in a manner we feel is justified to protect ourselves and our families. We should be cautious and take prudent measures to protect ourselves, our residents and those we work with every day. This plan provides guidance as to how MHA can continue mour work while be cautious and respectful of this serious health issue facing our community. Our goal will be to limit the exposure of the virus to our employees and residents and to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Effective March 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM the All HACM Offices will be closed to the public including Main Office (205 N G St.), Yosemite Manor (108 S P St), Pomona Ranch Migrant Center (11777 Woodward Way) and Maintenance Office (600 S. Lake St) until further notice.
- Any regularly scheduled appointments, will be rescheduled for a later date. Your caseworker or site manager will contact you to discuss your specific appointment
- All inspections and maintenance repairs will be temporarily suspended while we develop the appropriate procedures and protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and residents. Initial inspections, emergency inspections and emergency health and safety work orders will continue, on an as needed basis. Any interior pre-scheduled inspections or repairs will be rescheduled for a later date. External inspections, maintenance and repairs will continue as scheduled.
- Community Centers /Events centers will be closed until further notice.
- Community Events i.e. Food Distributions, community events group gatherings have been cancelled until further notice.
- We are encouraging our residents to conduct all business, by phone, email or mail.
Sally J. Bomprezzi,
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF MADERA