HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF MADERA (HACM)
CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE PLAN
The Housing Authority of the City of Madera is monitoring the current viral outbreak formally known as the Coronavirus or CoVid 19. This is a constantly changing situation, we are taking this very seriously and have developed a Response Plan should this health crisis impact our delivery of services to our residents and participants of our housing programs. There are many sources of factual information concerning the virus and can be found at these websites:
The Center for Disease Control:
The World Health Organization:
The National Institutes of Health:
It is human nature during times like this to want to be overly cautious and react in a
manner we feel is justified to protect ourselves and our families. We should be
cautious and take prudent measures to protect ourselves, our residents and those we
work with every day. This plan provides guidance as to how MHA can continue
our work while be cautious and respectful of this serious health issue facing our
community. Our goal will be to limit the exposure of the virus to our employees
and residents and to prevent the further spread of the virus.
Effective March 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM the All HACM Offices will be closed to the public including Main Office (205 N G St.), Yosemite Manor (108 S P St), Pomona Ranch Migrant Center (11777 Woodward Way) and Maintenance Office (600 S. Lake St) until further notice.
- Any regularly scheduled appointments, will be rescheduled for a later date. Your caseworker or site manager will contact you to discuss your specific appointment
- All inspections and maintenance repairs will be temporarily suspended while we develop the appropriate procedures and protocols to ensure the safety of our staff and residents. Initial inspections, emergency inspections and emergency health and safety work orders will continue, on an as needed basis. Any interior pre-scheduled inspections or repairs will be rescheduled for a later date. External inspections, maintenance and repairs will continue as scheduled.
- Community Centers /Events centers will be closed until further notice.
- Community Events i.e. Food Distributions, community events group gatherings have been cancelled until further notice.
- We are encouraging our residents to conduct all business, by phone, email or mail.
Updates will be posted on our website www.maderaha.org
Sally J. Bomprezzi,
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE CITY OF MADERA
UPDATE 3/17/2020 12:33 AM
The Housing Authority of the City of Madera (HACM) appreciate all community cooperation during these unprecedented times. In order to maintain critical services and avoid shut down, HACM has activated service continuity plan that include the following measures to ensure continuance of critical housing-related services and simultaneously respond to the COVID-19 Virus:
- Administrative, maintenance and Pomona Ranch offices for Authority are now closed to the public until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All community centers are closed to the public until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All Authority sponsored events and group meetings for tenants, applicants and the public have been suspended, postponed or cancelled until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All travel for staff has been cancelled through April 15th. A determination will be made in the first week of April for travel scheduled after the time period.
- All meeting outside of the office must be cleared through the Interim Executive Director.
- The afterhours emergency answering service has been extended through standard operating hours and will continue to function as normal.
- Phone services during business hours will remain open as usual during this time.
- The Housing Authority will continue the critical function of responding to EMERGENCY maintenance work orders at agency owned and managed properties. Contracted vendors may respond to high priority work orders, if services are available and can be conducted using safety protocols suggested by public health officials. Non-emergent work orders will likely be delayed. Both agencies will continue to meet all HUD and other regulatory requirements for subsidized housing.
- Housing Authority maintenance employees will continue working in agency owned and managed vacant buildings, using social distancing practices, to prepare any vacancies for re-rental when possible.
- Housing Authority Eligibility Specialists (e.g. Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing, Farm Labor) will continue to conduct client interviews via phone, scanner and computer, to the extent possible. All employees will be working at the agency until further notice.
- The Authority will post all notices to tenants in English and Spanish in compliance with Limited English Proficiency Requirements.
- COVID-19 information posters are being posted in English and Spanish at all Authority owned and managed sites.
The response to the COVID-19 Virus has been and will continue to be fluid for HACM. The Authority Senior Management Teams have been in meetings and coordinating response efforts for the past couple of days and will continue to do so.
Sally J. Bomprezzi, Interim Executive Director
Housing Authority of the City of Madera
UPDATE ON COVID-19 AND
GOVERNORS FULL EXECUTIVE ORDER
The California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health is ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, and construction, including housing construction.
The Housing Authority of the City of Madera (HACM) is committed to keeping our community safe. In accordance with the Madera County Public Health Department, the CDC, Governor Newsom’s directives, and guidance issued by the White House, HACM is putting in place measures intended to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. While the City will continue to deliver essential services to residents throughout the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, select City services will be curtailed to protect employee and public health. Please see the current status of services of HACM below.
HACM Office, Yosemite Manor, LP, Pomona Ranch Migrant Center and Maintenance Office will continue to remain closed to the public in response to the Coronavirus Disease COVID-19.
Department representatives are available by phone during regular business hours (Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 5:30 pm, every other Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Executive Director – 559-674-5695 Ext. 300
Administrative Executive Assistant – 559-674-5695 Ext. 222
Finance Department – 559-674-5695 Ext. 301
Public Housing- 559-674-5695 Ext, 237
Section 8 559-674-5695 Ext. 238
IT Administrator – 559-674-5695 Ext. 305
Maintenance Modernization Coordinator – 559-674-5695 Ext. 600
Yosemite Manor, LP – 559-674-5695 Ext. 760
Pomona Migrant Center – 559-479-1851
Closing our offices does not mean the PHA is closed. We remain committed to our mission and the individuals and families we serve. Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher staff will conduct as much business as possible via U.S. Mail and electronic means. PHA staff are still available to provide the emergency services and essential duties that arise in managing PHA owned properties.
We are being very conscious of the Social Distancing, so we will be moving employees around in the office to accommodate the needs of our employees and residence to preserve your public health and safety.
COVID-19 Statutory and Regulatory for Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher
Notice: PIH 2020-05