The Housing Authority of the City of Madera (HACM) appreciate all community cooperation during these unprecedented times. In order to maintain critical services and avoid shut down, HACM has activated service continuity plan that include the following measures to ensure continuance of critical housing-related services and simultaneously respond to the COVID-19 Virus:
- Administrative, maintenance and Pomona Ranch offices for Authority are now closed to the public until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All community centers are closed to the public until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All Authority sponsored events and group meetings for tenants, applicants and the public have been suspended, postponed or cancelled until April 15th. A determination will be made the first week of April if the time period will be extended.
- All travel for staff has been cancelled through April 15th. A determination will be made in the first week of April for travel scheduled after the time period.
- All meeting outside of the office must be cleared through the Interim Executive Director.
- The afterhours emergency answering service has been extended through standard operating hours and will continue to function as normal.
- Phone services during business hours will remain open as usual during this time.
- The Housing Authority will continue the critical function of responding to EMERGENCY maintenance work orders at agency owned and managed properties. Contracted vendors may respond to high priority work orders, if services are available and can be conducted using safety protocols suggested by public health officials. Non-emergent work orders will likely be delayed. Both agencies will continue to meet all HUD and other regulatory requirements for subsidized housing.
- Housing Authority maintenance employees will continue working in agency owned and managed vacant buildings, using social distancing practices, to prepare any vacancies for re-rental when possible.
- Housing Authority Eligibility Specialists (e.g. Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing, Farm Labor) will continue to conduct client interviews via phone, scanner and computer, to the extent possible. All employees will be working at the agency until further notice.
- The Authority will post all notices to tenants in English and Spanish in compliance with Limited English Proficiency Requirements.
- COVID-19 information posters are being posted in English and Spanish at all Authority owned and managed sites.
The response to the COVID-19 Virus has been and will continue to be fluid for HACM. The Authority Senior Management Teams have been in meetings and coordinating response efforts for the past couple of days and will continue to do so.
Sally J. Bomprezzi, Interim Executive Director
Housing Authority of the City of Madera